The 24th Annual Clarke Prize Conference and Award Ceremony will be held on October 19-20, 2017 in Irvine, California. The program is being finalized.
Our 2-day conference is one of the most unique events in the water industry. It brings together leading scientists and experts from all across the water community to discuss the most innovative research and technology developments happening today in urban water sustainability. These talks are complemented by practical case studies of challenges facing industry practitioners. The result is a broad mix of talks on theoretical concepts, fundamental research, practical application, useful experience, and real-world challenges and needs.
The highlight of the event is the award ceremony, featuring a black tie dinner and presentation of the Clarke Prize for outstanding achievements in water science to Mark D. Sobsey, Ph.D. The Clarke Prize has been distinguished by the International Congress of Distinguished Awards as one of the most prestigious awards in the world.
The conference program includes:
The Clarke Prize is a great 2-day forum with true experts and leaders presenting on important topics.” — Paul Gallagher, Siemens Industry
- Three topic sessions featuring original presentations by research giants in the water industry.
- Practical case studies of projects and activities undertaken by industry practitioners.
- Refreshment breaks with ample opportunity to network with professionals in the industry.
- An hour-long conference lunch featuring a warm buffet.
- The Clarke Prize award ceremony, which is black-tie, features both a reception and dinner.
Continuing Education Hours Offered
The California State Water Resources Control Board Division of Drinking Water has approved up to 5 Continuing Education Hours for participants of the 2016 Clarke Prize Conference, to be held November 4, 2016, in Newport Beach, California.